Deputy General Counsel - Acquisition
Mr. Levator Norsworthy, Jr. was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in January 1998 and currently serves as Deputy General Counsel (Acquisition) where he assists the General Counsel in providing advice and counsel to all Army Secretariat officials to include the Secretary of the Army, the Army Acquisition Executive, the Army Chief Information Officer, and their staffs.
The provision of legal advice encompasses a variety of functional areas such as federal procurement law, major weapon system acquisition, military construction, research and development, developmental and operational testing, logistics, international cooperative programs, security assistance, competitive sourcing, and contingency contracting.
- Jun 1995 – Dec 1997: Chief Counsel, U.S. Army Communications and Electronics Command, Washington Operations Office, Alexandria, VA
- Aug 1991 – Jun 1995: Command Counsel, U.S. Army Contracting Command-Europe, Heidelberg, Germany
- Jul 1990 – Aug 1991: Senior Trial Attorney, Contract Appeals Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Washington DC
- Jul 1988 – Jul 1990: Gilbert A. Cuneo Professor of Contract Law & Chairman of the Contract Law Division, The Judge Advocate General’s School, Charlottesville, VA
- Jun 1985 – Jul 1987: Staff Judge Advocate, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) and Fort Drum, Fort Drum, NY
- Oct 1973 – Jun 1985: Served in a variety of managerial and litigation-related assignments with the U.S. Army Trial Defense Service the 2d Infantry Division, the Office of the Judge Advocate General’s Litigation Division, and Contract Appeals Division.
- J.D., University of Cincinnati, College of Law, Cincinnati, OH
- B.S., Business Administration – Economics, University of Dayton, Dayton OH
- Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- State of Ohio, (inactive)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Awards and Honors
- Presidential Rank Award – Distinguished Executive, 2010
- Presidential Rank Award – Meritorious Executive, 2004
- DA Award for Exceptional Civilian Service, 2001
Professional Memberships and Associations