Deputy General Counsel - Ethics & Fiscal
Susan D. Tigner, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy General Counsel (Ethics and Fiscal), Office of the Army General Counsel.
Ms. Tigner assumed her position in October 2011. As the Deputy General Counsel (Ethics and Fiscal), she is the senior career legal advisor in the Army on all Government Ethics matters and Fiscal Law.
While The Secretariat is the client, her oversight and responsibility extends throughout the Army.
- Oct 2007 - Oct 2011: General Counsel, Department of Defense Missile Defense Agency, Washington, DC.
- Jul 2003 – Oct 2007: Associate General Counsel (Acquisition & Logistics), Department of Defense, Office of General Counsel, Washington, DC.
- Jul 2001 – Jul 2003: Chief, Contract Law Division, Headquarters, United States Army, Europe, Office of the Judge Advocate, United States Army, Europe.
- Aug 1999 – Jul 2001: Assistant to the General Counsel, Office of the Secretary of Army, Office of the General Counsel, Washington, DC.
- Aug 1998 – Aug 1999: Branch Chief, United States Army Legal Services Agency, Contract Appeals Division, Arlington, VA.
- Jun 1996 – Aug 1998: Deputy Command Counsel, United States Army Contracting Command, Europe.
- Jan 1986 – Dec 1995: Dec 1995: Various military assignments with the United States Army Judge Advocate Generals Corps.
- Mar 1981 – Mar 1983: Military Police, Headquarters, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO.
- J.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (1985)
- B.A., Sociology, (High Honors), University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (1979)
- L.L.M, Military Law (Contracts Specialty) The United States Army Judge Advocate General's School, Charlottesville, VA (1994)
- Command and General Staff College (nonresident), Fort Leavenworth, Kansas (1987)
Admitted to practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- Virginia Supreme Court
- Unites States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals
Awards and Honors
- Legion of Merit (OLC)
- Meritorious Service Medal (3OLC)
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- NATO Medal
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Virginia Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association